Spring – Men’s Weeknight League
The league will start up March 16th and run through approx. mid June (depending on rainouts).
Location and Times:
Our spring weeknight league takes place at East River Park, Harlem River Park, and Randall’s Island. Teams will play at a mix of locations and location requests are not guaranteed. Teams will play one game a week, most weeks, but limited double headers are possible as necessary. We will do our best to work with your team’s times requests.
– East River Park games take place Monday nights with games available at 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm, located at Grand St. and the FDR.
– Harlem River Park located on 128th and 3rd ave with games available on Tuesdays from 8 pm to 10 pm.
– Randall’s Island games take place Monday-Thursday nights with start times available at 6:30 pm and 7:30 (game times vary during the season depending on available daylight). Teams will submit their top two preferences for days of the week and we will limit your team’s schedule to those days only throughout the season. Randall’s Island is easily accessible by public transit via the M35 bus departing from 125th and Lexington. You can also walk to the fields via the Triborough/RFK at 125th.
The league will do our best to get the majority of your games at your requested field, but field and time requests are not guaranteed.
- Ten players in the field
- All players in the field must bat and all batters must play at least one inning in the field
- Underhand slow pitch
- Pitching is four to ten foot arch and a strike must cross between front shoulder and back knee
- No quick pitch, high arch, or flat pitching
- Six inning games
- For a full list of rules click here
With your purchase:
Eight game season
Playoffs for qualifying teams (number of teams dependent on league size)
Umpire fees for all games
Bases at each game (home team brings the game ball)
League T-shirt (customizable upon request, more information during sign up)
Free Agent Notes:
If you are signing up with a friend or small group of players you’ll be able to include that information during sign up to ensure you are all placed on the same roster. Free agent sign ups will likely play the majority of their games on Randall’s Island.
Teams must be paid in full by the deadline for discount pricing. For split fee registration additional fees are applied only to players that pay after the deadlines.
On or before February 4th –
Free Agent – $110
February 5th or later –
Team – $1390
Free Agent – $120
February 19th or later –
Team – $1490
Free Agent – $130
Want to save $40 off your team sign up? – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org about alternative payment methods that waive your $40 processing fee – Venmo, Paypal, Chase/Zelle, or check payments. Sorry, we can’t offer this discount for free agent sign ups.
Before March 9th – 100% (minus shirt cost if ordered)
March 9th to March 15th – 50%
March 16th or later – No Refund
NYC Softball League has issued a temporary update to the refund policy for the Spring 2020 season due to Covid-19. The policy update was issued June 24, 2020, and players have until July 3rd, 2020, to respond to the policy update. All players that submitted payment to the league were sent this policy update via their registered email address. If you feel you are eligible please contact email@example.com.